Follow along as I build a high performance 914 engine
New TDC Mark on Fan
With the fan shroud in place:
It was an excellent opportunity to put the new TDC mark on the fan. The old mark was substantially off! I painted the old mark over with black and "sliced" a new one in with a Dremel tool:
How the mark looks inside the fan shroud:
I also got around to measuring my cylinders - using the dial indicator as a height gauge, I discovered the height of all cylinder are within 0.001" of each other. This, hopefully, will ensure that the heads sit square on the cylinders.
And the final work for the weekend was to disassemble my mockup and package up all of the rotating components. They will be sent off to Jake Raby for balancing. (Did you know that's 70 lbs of rotating mass!)
|All pictures and text copyright 2008|